Global Mapper v25.0

Is there a way to automatically insert an area/drawing/object on each selected vertex?

Hi,

Im drawing buoy arrays on protected areas.  The areas are some square km, and adding buoys every 10m it's a hard task if done manually. I've already found a way of adding vertex/points every X meters through a drawn line. So what I would need to do now is to add a drawn area (of 2x1 meters) on every point. I'm talking here on several hundreds of buoys, so doing it manually will be quite exhausting. If anyone knows a way of easily adding an object/drawn area to every selected vertex, or to add the areas/ objects every X meters on a line (as the vertex) I will appreciate it a lot.

Thank you very much for your help.

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

Assuming you are working with point features:
    1. Use the Digitizer to select the point features around which you want to add rectangles
    2. Right-click and choose Create Area/Polygon Features | RANGE RING
    3. When prompted, click Yes to create range ring(s) around your selected points
    4. Choose the option to Create Range Ellipses
    5. Put your Y distance in the Major Axis field, and your X distance in the Minor Axis field.
    6. Select the appropriate unit
    7. Put a check next to "Create Bounding Rectangle(s) instead of Ring(s)/Ellipse(s)
    8. Click OK
    Cheers,
    Bob
  • Wow,
    It worked beautifully. 
    Thank you very much Bob for you quick, simple and helpful reply.