Global Mapper v25.0

View Attribute Table

sealphone
sealphone Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited March 2014 in Suggestion Box
Please add a feature that we can view the attribute table together (tile vertically or horizontally) with the feature.

Thank you.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2010
    It's on our todo list. In the meantime the Search->Search by Attribute data provides similar capabilities, it will just mix multiple layers.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • sealphone
    sealphone Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2011
    mike, just to follow up this feature...

Thanks
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2011
    Sorry haven't got to it yet, mainly because the existing vector search feature is pretty close to giving this already, just not a single layer at a time. You could of course turn off all layers but that one and then the search function pretty much gives you this. Is there a big reason to have it for just one layer?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kentman
    kentman Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2011
    Is there a big reason to have it for just one layer?
    Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    Mike it is pretty much a standard within the GIS world to have available a data table for each layer and I think, to make GM more flexible, it would be useful to have this facility. I think that most users of GM probably use other GIS I know I do and although I love GM to bits the one thing that has always been missing is the data table [per layer] feature.

Having said that, I can't envisage my [GIS] world without GM as part of the toolkit.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Kent
  • sealphone
    edited November 2012
    kentman wrote: »
    Mike it is pretty much a standard within the GIS world to have available a data table for each layer and I think, to make GM more flexible, it would be useful to have this facility. I think that most users of GM probably use other GIS I know I do and although I love GM to bits the one thing that has always been missing is the data table [per layer] feature.

Having said that, I can't envisage my [GIS] world without GM as part of the toolkit.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Kent

Hello GM,

Just a follow up...
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2012
    The v14 release includes a layer selection item on the Search dialog so you can limit your search to just a single layer, which in essence creates an attribute table for that layer. That being said we are planning on adding a directly editable attribute table (both in search and a separate one explicitly for a layer) so you can edit values directly in the table.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • sealphone
    edited November 2012
    The v14 release includes a layer selection item on the Search dialog so you can limit your search to just a single layer, which in essence creates an attribute table for that layer. That being said we are planning on adding a directly editable attribute table (both in search and a separate one explicitly for a layer) so you can edit values directly in the table.Thanks,MikeGlobal Mapper Gurugmsupport@bluemarblegeo.comhttp://www.globalmapper.com
    Thanks Mike.
  • sealphone
    edited March 2014
    I hope it will be implemented in the future release of GM
  • lesliegarza
    edited November 2016
    GM Team, please let us know when you are planning to implement the attribute table display. It is vital for many GIS professionals to be able to view and edit attribute data in table form. The workaround is clunky as of version 18.0 because many of the attributes we don't care about or don't exist show up, not to mention the number of clicks involved when working with multiple datasets. I suggest implementing this as soon as possible and also improving on the standard by being able to view multiple attribute tables at one time!

Respectfully,

Leslie G. Garza
    U.S. Army Contractor
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello Leslie,

Thank you for your feedback.  I have added your information to the item in our task list that covers implementation of attribute management functionality (#14180).  We will post a message on this thread when the status of the feature request changes.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • sealphone
    Just a follow up...
  • 20th Oct 2017
    Mike & GM Team,
    We are using GM v18 and plan to soon upgrade to v19.
    Could you please advise if the attribute table functionality has been implemented or will be a part of v19?
    Shifting between GM & other desktop GIS to view attributes is pretty time-consuming.

Thanks
    Dhan
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    gisdhan said:
    We are using GM v18 and plan to soon upgrade to v19.
    Could you please advise if the attribute table functionality has been implemented or will be a part of v19?
    Shifting between GM & other desktop GIS to view attributes is pretty time-consuming.

This function has been added to GM 19 as the Attribute Editor.
    Cheers,
    Bob
  • sealphone
    Wow! At last, it is now implemented in V19. Hope to see more improvements, additional functionalities or tools inside the attribute table window.

Keep it up guys!