Global Mapper v25.0

vertices and rounded corner

energy
energy Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2012 in Technical Support
Hi
I need to help 2 problems
1- I draw a line which contain several vertices, I show all vertices and I'd like to select any vertices ,at the same time the line selected , I want to create buffer for a vertice point freely the line.
2-the line is sharped corners, I'd like to make rounded its corners according to a spesific diameter or radius ,is it possible?

thanks...

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2012
    To create buffers/range rings centered on just some vertices of a line, select those vertices, then right-click and select the ADvanced Feature Creation submenu option to create new points from the selected area/lines features. This should create new point features just at the selected vertices and those points will now be selected. Then press the button on the toolbar to create buffers and specify the buffer distance. This will create a range ring around each point.

To get a line with rounded corners at a specific radius, perhaps create a buffer area from the line using the Digitizer Tool? If you want to keep it as a line and not an area, there is an option to smooth selected lines using the Digitizer Tool, but you can't control the radius. We do have plans to support more generic curves in a future release.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • energy
    energy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2012
    Thanks mike ,for second question; yes line, I thought after buffering the line I convert from area to line and then split the line.......
    but it is not suitable like it seems the picture;

Line-2.jpg
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2012
    If you smooth the area those corners might round a bit. When buffering to maintain the distance of the buffer correctly acute angles will be sharp and obtuse angles will be rounded, otherwise the distance from the line to the outer edge is not constant at the buffer distance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com