Global Mapper v25.0

Change elevation of multiple points

Hunter Geophysics
Hunter Geophysics Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited January 2012 in Technical Support
Hi Mike,

I went out and collected a bunch of RTK GPS points the other day across two field days. On the first day I set up my GPS base station on the local survey marker and entered its lat/long/elevation correctly, and so all points collected that day are correct. However, on the second day, I forgot to enter in the elevation for the base station, so it defaulted to 0 metres and, therefore, about 200 points are not set to the correct elevations.

The incorrect data comprises about ten points (which I have manually edited and corrected by simply adding the correct base station elevation value to the point elevation attribute) and also a line of about 200 points (this is a map of a creek).

The creek points are shown in Global Mapper as a line, specifically.

Is there a way of automating the process of shifting the elevation of single points? Further, is there a way of automating the process of shifting the elevation of points (i.e. vertices) within a line in Global Mapper?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2012
    David,

If you can get your features that need adjusted in a separate layer, then turn everything else off (just edit in the Digitizer Tool and change the layer), you can then use File->Export Vector Data to export to a Simple ASCII Text file and on the Point Offset/Scale tab provide the necessary Z offset, then just load that file back in.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • Hunter Geophysics
    Hunter Geophysics Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2012
    Thanks, Mike; that works perfectly. :-)