Global Mapper v25.0

How to show meters count in a track (kml imported from Google Earth)

peret2000
peret2000 Global Mapper User
edited November 2011 in Vector Data
Hello, I am not an expert so excuse if I explain badly.
I have imported a kml route file from Google earth, and I can see it as a layer in global mapper.
I want to export my map as a ECW file (raster data, I think). But I would like to enrich the final image, showing kilometers of my route: I mean, close to kilometer 1 of my route, I would like to see something like 'Km 1'.
Can this be done modifying characteristics of the route? I have looked for it in tutorials, but I haven't found. And also, trying with digitizer tool, with no success.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2011
    You can do this with the Digitizer Tool. Select the line, then right-click and select the Advanced Feature Creation submenu option to create points along the line and specify the desired space (like 1 kilometer). You should then get numbered points along the line.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • peret2000
    edited October 2011
    Thanks a lot, Mike. That is exactly what I was looking for. Now, it is a question of investigating a bit to have the desired colour, position, etc.
  • peret2000
    edited October 2011
    Hello,
    Finally, I am trying to export the map as a raster map, ECW. The problem is ,although I am showing the points layer (it is called a user defined layer or something similar), the ecw map shows the points, but does not show the letters in the points (the distances).

Maybe this is a problem I have when rendering maps, as I also experienced the (I think) same issue when printing another map: it printed only one layer (a route layer, indeed), but it did not print the map itself, although it was visible.

It must be an easy thing, but I cannot solve it.
    Do you know how to render all the layers, or information I am showing? Thanks a lot
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2011
    Are you checking the option to include vector data when doing the export? What version of Global Mapper are you using?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • peret2000
    edited November 2011
    Finally, I was able to see point titles in raster file.
    Trying to answer your question about exporting vector data, I confirmed that it was checked ('Save vector data if displayed').
    I managed to modify point features, specifying a fixed height in ground units. Specifying something like 10 meters, the points were rendered.Thanks a lot for your help