Global Mapper v25.0

Storage of configuration

Armin
Armin Global Mapper User
edited September 2011 in Technical Support
I would like to know where and how the changes to the configuration, for instance with or without scale on the screen

Comments

• Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2011
    Under View > Toolbars > File Toolbar, there are five tool icons at the top, one is called Configuration. It has eight tabs with so many options it'll take days to learn. The General tab has the scale options, Go for it.
  • Armin
    Armin Global Mapper User
    edited September 2011
    Under View > Toolbars > File Toolbar, there are five tool icons at the top, one is called Configuration. It has eight tabs with so many options it'll take days to learn. The General tab has the scale options, Go for it.

Thanks Roger,
    unfortunately my request was not complete.
    My question is:
    Not how to change but where the changes of the configuration are stored.
    I want to start .gmw files from different computers at a LAN and want to have always the same configuration.
    For instance the "Distance scale display Metric" or a newly created Area Style.

Thanks in advance

Armin
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2011
    Armin,

Most of those type of settings are stored in the registry under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Global Mapper'. You would need to export that key tree to a .reg file, then import in using 'regedit' on another computer to pull in the settings.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Armin
    Armin Global Mapper User
    edited September 2011
    Armin,

Most of those type of settings are stored in the registry under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Global Mapper'. You would need to export that key tree to a .reg file, then import in using 'regedit' on another computer to pull in the settings.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

OK
    that is clear.
    I still have the problem that I do not find back for instance new point or area or line styles that I created.
    I want to use them
    1. permanently at the same computer at different work spaces and
    2. also on other computers
    Do you have a solution for that?

Thanks

Armin
  • global_mapper
    edited September 2011
    Armin,

For types/styles what you can do is right-click on the type list on the Area Styles (same for Line and Point Styles) tab of the Configuration dialog and save a .gm_style file, then on the new computer right-click on the same list and select to load that style file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Armin
    Armin Global Mapper User
    edited September 2011
    Armin,

For types/styles what you can do is right-click on the type list on the Area Styles (same for Line and Point Styles) tab of the Configuration dialog and save a .gm_style file, then on the new computer right-click on the same list and select to load that style file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

Mike,

does that work with Version 9.02?
    At my version there happens nothing with a right-click

Bye Armin
  • global_mapper
    edited September 2011
    Armin,

No, that option wasn't added until v11 I think, there really isn't an easy way to transfer styles in v9.02.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com