Global Mapper v25.0

Multibeam bathymetry swath plan

ivo pessanha
ivo pessanha Global Mapper User
edited September 2011 in Technical Support
Hi,

I would like to do a multi-beam bathymetry swath plan in Global Mapper 11. For which line draw I need to know the surface coverage in the sea-floor. I tried to use line buffer to simulate what I need but with this, the buffer area is always the same. For bathymetry multi-beam swaths this coverage is function of the multi-beam equipment angle (constant) and the depth (from DTM). Are there any way to do that in GM 11 ?

Thanks,

Ivo

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2011
    Ivo,

I can't think of a way to currently do that (i.e. variable buffer width based on depth of underlying terrain) in Global Mapper.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • ivo pessanha
    edited September 2011
    Ivo,

I can't think of a way to currently do that (i.e. variable buffer width based on depth of underlying terrain) in Global Mapper.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

A multi-beam design planning tool must be very useful to all marine science people. Some free-ware software offer some kind of options to do that (e.g. MIRONE - http://w3.ualg.pt/~jluis/mirone/). I think that can be easily implemented. What you think about ?

Thanks,

Ivo
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2011
    Ivo,

I will add this to the todo list. I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement, but I haven't thought about it too much yet.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • ivo pessanha
    edited September 2011
    Mike,

Thank you very much !

Ivo