Global Mapper v25.0

How to Link DBF

kbellis
kbellis Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited July 2011 in Technical Support
I've gotten a parcel layer from Maine OGIS and a dbf from another state agency with owner info. They share a common field but I'm not able to figure out how they can be linked so that using the Feature Tool I could know who owns the lot, their deed reference, etc... I tried going to the Overlay Control Center dialog box, right clicking over the shape file in question, saw nothing that seemed to be relevant, nor did I see anything applicable using the Options... button. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Kelly

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2011
    Kelly,

There is not currently any support for linking an attribute table to a spatial file, but that is a feature that we plan to add in our upcoming v13 release in a couple of months.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kbellis
    kbellis Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2011
    Well, that's good news for later :)

Any work around to accomplish this?
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2011
    For now you would have to use other software to achieve the linkage, but not for much longer.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kbellis
    kbellis Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2011
    That's a bit vague... you mean like gvSIG - that's what I used to use before I bought GM and I recall you could do this sort of database linkage... albeit a little clunky, it worked... or did you mean soemthing else?
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2011
    Actually I'm not sure what to recommend as I haven't done this myself. Another user will probably have better suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com