Global Mapper v25.0

Delete duplicate points

dcoggin
dcoggin Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2014 in Technical Support
Mike,

How do I delete duplicate points? I have an ASCII text .xyz file loaded and I select all points. Right-clicking, I select the "Find selected points within . . ." and enter 0.01 (meters). The duplicates are selected with blue circles, but then how do I delete them. Thanks for the help.

David

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2011
    David,

Are the duplicates at exactly the same location as other points? If so, I would write a simple script that uses the EDIT_VECTOR command to remove the duplicates. See http://globalmapper.com/helpv12/ScriptReference.html#cmd_edit_vector for details.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • ltl9999
    ltl9999 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2014
    How can i remove points and areas in the map. Thank you.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2014
    Simply select the points and areas to remove with the Digitizer Tool, then press Delete to mark them as deleted.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Global Mapper
  • Nick Hardy
    Nick Hardy Global Mapper User

Hi, I have the same question and have tried to go to the link referenced by the page no longer seems to be present. Is there a new solution or location? Thanks.

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer

Hi, I have the same question and have tried to go to the link referenced by the page no longer seems to be present. Is there a new solution or location? Thanks.

Here is a link for EDIT_VECTOR.

Cheers,

Bob
  • It is EDIT_VECTOR followed by DELETE_DUPLICATES=YES correct? It seems strait forward, but all the duplicate points in my lidar file are still there when i run the below script:

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION=1.00

DIR_LOOP_START DIRECTORY="N:\4341_Kootenay\Robs_Las_Files\lidar w duplicate points" FILENAME_MASKS="*.las" RECURSE_DIR=NO

IMPORT FILENAME="%FNAME_W_DIR%"

EDIT_VECTOR DELETE_DUPLICATES=YES 

LAYER_LOOP_START FILENAME="*"

SET_LAYER_OPTIONS FILENAME="%LAYER_FNAME_W_DIR%" HIDDEN=NO

EXPORT_VECTOR TYPE=LIDAR_LAS FILENAME="%LAYER_DIR%%LAYER_FNAME_WO_EXT%_dup_pnts_removed.las" 

SET_LAYER_OPTIONS FILENAME="%LAYER_FNAME_W_DIR%" HIDDEN=YES
    LAYER_LOOP_END

UNLOAD_ALL
    DIR_LOOP_END