Global Mapper v25.0

How to Export Word Imagery to jp2000

garyf
garyf Global Mapper User
edited July 2013 in Downloading Imagery
Hi,
I am trying to export Online World Imagery to jp2000. It exports successfully but when I try and view it in AGI STK or other program I only see Map Data Not Yet Available (the most zoomed in level). How can I export all zoom levels or a particular/current zoom level for World Imagery? Thanks in advance of any help or advice. I am using V12.02
Regards,
Gary

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2011
    Gary,

Depending on your location in the world, not all zoom levels are available with that source. The sample spacing/resolution setting when exporting controls what zoom level the source is accessed at, so just increase that (i.e. lower the resolution) until you get a zoom level with actual data for your area.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • clark22
    clark22 Global Mapper User
    edited June 2013
    I need to use images highly compressed. For that purpose JP2 format is really
    convenient. But I don't know how to succeed in importing them in a word or
    powerpoint document
  • global_mapper
    edited June 2013
    I don't think you can directly insert JP2 into office documents, but you could export whatever part of the image that you need at the resolution that you need to a BMP, PNG, or JPG. Or just use the File->Capture Screen to Image menu command in Global Mapper to do that.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • RobertR
    RobertR GlobalMapper Fan! Trusted User
    edited July 2013
    Mike,
    If I downloaded World Imagery and NAIP Color Imagery for US, can I use them on my site as a background?
    I mean, can they be further used or are they protected somehow by copyright?
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2013
    Robert,

If you have v14.2 you can right-click on the sources in the source list to see the Terms of Use web site for each source (or open the Metadata dialog for an already opened source). For the ones you listed NAIP would be safe to use on a public web site, but not World Imagery.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation