Global Mapper v25.0

location of custom Style directory

sbarker
sbarker Global Mapper User
edited March 2011 in Technical Support
I am trying to set up some custom styles, but I get the error "Unable to create custom Style directory". Where is this directory supposed to be located?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    Which version of Global Mapper are you using? In v11 and later the folder will be a 'CustomStyles' folder under the application data folder listed on the Help->About dialog. In v12 and later you can change the location of the application data folder.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • sbarker
    edited March 2011
    We're still using Global Mapper 10.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    In Global Mapper v10 the custom style folder is in the same folder as the Global Mapper .exe file (likely in 'C:\Program Files\GlobalMapper10'), so for some reason Global Mapper can't create the folder named 'C:\Program Files\GlobalMapper10\CustomStyles', likely due to permissions preventing applications from writing to the Program Files folder in newer Windows versions (this is why the location was changed in v11 and later). Can you check write permissions for that folder?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • sbarker
    edited March 2011
    I created that folder and gave Authenticated User modify permissions, and everything is working fine. Thanks.