Global Mapper v25.0

Background issue with centered contour line labels

Verdugo
Verdugo Global Mapper User
edited October 2008 in Technical Support
I'm working with survey data that I have successfully contoured using Generate Contours. I have also successfully designated the line width, label font, and color of the contour lines (etc).

However, when I chose to "center" my contour line labels, I lose my Triangulated Elevation Grid background and the pasty yellow main background appears. Yet when I don't center the labels, the TEG background appears.

I want the TEG background as the fill for my centered contour labels - how can I fix this?

See attached file for a screen capture of my centered contour label backgrounds.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2008
    Whenver you draw labels centered on lines you will get your current configured view background color behind the text. There is not currently a way to just draw the text without the filled background, otherwise you'd get the actual line going right through the text and making it difficult to read.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • GTDeveloper
    GTDeveloper Global Mapper User
    edited October 2008
    Mike,

I also have this issue, I'd like my labels to either have a transparent background or be able to set the background color of the label.
    What I get:
    my_maps.png

What I want:
    google_map.png

Also, I'm very grateful for the new line style option you created. Is there a way to control the border? width? color?
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2008
    When you modify the font used for a type you should be able to check a box for whether it uses a transparent background or fills the text background with the current view background color.

There is not currently any way to control the color of the border for new black edged type. Something like this may come in a future release though.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • GTDeveloper
    GTDeveloper Global Mapper User
    edited October 2008
    Mike,

Is there a way to add "outline" as a style for fonts? So I would be able to create labels for streets like Google Maps?

Here's a pic:
    outlined_font.png

Thanks!
    Jon
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2008
    Jon,

This is something that we have on our todo list, but is somewhat difficult so I'm not sure when we will get to it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com