Global Mapper v25.0

catalog manipulation

redbeard
redbeard Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited March 2011 in Suggestion Box
Sorry if I missed it somewhere -
Say I have a catalog that was created by adding files in a directory - and I add some more files to the directory. I wish to add these to the catalog - which I can do if I know which files to add.

Is there a way to modify the catalog with the add directory function - and have it skip existing files? It's preferable to do this based on file name because some files take a long time to load, and I wish to only load the new files.

I'm currently recreating a catalog of geopdf's because after trying to add files manually I added some twice and don't wish to sort through them to find the dups.

So the first suggestion which is above, the second would be a duplicate finder for the catalog.

So that's my suggestion.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    I took a look and was able to improve the situation to at least the duplicates from being added, although sometimes it will have to load the file first before it can properly check for duplicates as you might load the file(s) with different options and so having duplicates in the catalog would be desired in that case. At least you won't have to search for and remove duplicates with the new change. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v12.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v12 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • redbeard
    redbeard Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2011
    Cool. I'll try to report back after I can try the change (catalog still loading). But it sounds like what you did might just be the best way to go about it. I guess by file name I would mean absolute path and name, since I can see how people would have different files with the same name in different directories, and that they would probably like to be able to load both. Windows wouldn't allow to same name files in the same directory.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    I actually mean the exact same file (path and filename), but loaded with different options each time, like say a Lidar LAS file loaded as both a point cloud and an elevation grid.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • DMiller95050
    DMiller95050 Global Mapper User
    edited March 2011
    Nice Job on posting a helpful topic like this!