Global Mapper v25.0

Uploading user defined types

mlamadrid
mlamadrid Global Mapper User
edited November 2010 in Technical Support
Is there a file format and a procedure to upload user defined tye (point, lines & poligons) into Global Mapper? The configuration utility allows you to do that but it takes a lot of time typing and retyping, specially attribute fields and defaults for the user types.

Thanks for any response.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2010
    There isn't an official document describing the formats of the custom types as the styling gets complex, but the basics are pretty simple. However the default attribute lists are stored in a completely separate file. If that is the hard part that format is very simple, just the type name on one line, followed by a line with the number of attribute/value line pairs to follow, with then the attribute/value pairs themselves.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mlamadrid
    mlamadrid Global Mapper User
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Mike. Can you give me the name of the file where the type name & attribute/value pairs have to be entered?
    Thanks again!
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2010
    There are separate files for the default attribute lists for areas, lines, and points. The names are dflt_attrs_areas.txt, dflt_attrs_lines.txt, and dflt_attrs_points.txt and will be stored in the application data folder listed on the Help->About dialog.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com