Global Mapper v25.0

Loading Raster Map Problems

hyder
hyder Global Mapper User
edited April 2010 in SDK
I'm a newbie, i've two questions
1 ) When i load a raster map using GM , it is not showing proper geographic coordinates of area i.e. Latitude and Longitude, it just shows resolution of map in Lat and long values.
2) Can i make Clickable Hot Spot regions using Global mapper.

Plz, help it is urgent.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2010
    Are you using the SDK to load the map (I ask because you posted in the SDK group, but it sounds like you are using GM), and how are you trying to see the Geographic (lat/lon) coordinates of the map?

If you are using GM and not the SDK, you should see a lat/lon readout in the bottom right of the status bar as you move your cursor over the map. If those values are not correct then the projection selected for the file when you load it was likely not the correct one for the map. Are you being prompted to select a projection when loading the data?

You can draw area features in GM that you could select with the Feature Info tool. What exactly are you wanting to do with the 'Clickable Hot Spots'?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • hyder
    hyder Global Mapper User
    edited April 2010
    Yes i'm using SDK to load raster maps, and then on mouse move i calculate Lat / Long values, these values are correct if vector map is being loaded but not when raster maps are loaded (resolution is shown).In Calculation I'm using GetGroundCoordinate function of SDK.

Plz can u provide me a simple raster map (world) which i can load easily without this problem , it is urgent.

My requirement is a that on start i have to load word map, and i have detailed maps of some regions, which i have to show in rectangular boxes on my world map and when user click on this region respective detail map of that region will be loaded.I call these rectangular boxes as clickable hot spots, sorry for not clearing my question.

Thanks and regards
    Hyder
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2010
    Hyder,

Note that the GM_ConvertCoordPixelToGround function returns the pixel coordinates converted to your selected projection system, which might not be a lat/lon coordinate system. If you require coordinates as lat/lon, either use GM_SetProjection to set your view/ground/export projection to GM_PRJ_GEO with units of GM_PRJ_UNIT_ARC_DEGREES and the appropriate datum, or use GM_ProjectPoint after calling GM_ConvertCoordPixelToGround to convert the returned coordinates to a lat/lon (GM_PRJ_GEO) projection system.

The clickable hot spots would be something your application would handle. You would draw the appropriate shapes on screen, then based on the user clicking in one of them you would then take the appropriate action, like zooming in there and maybe loading a map of that area. There isn't anything like this built into the SDK.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com