Global Mapper v25.0

Find Duplicate Feature Names?

Roger Edrinn
Roger Edrinn Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2010 in Vector Data
Can GM highlight duplicate feature names? I realize I can sort in Feature Name Order and duplicates would appear next to one another. But that puts me into pattern recognition mode. Can the search engine aid my weak eye/brain?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2010
    Yes, in v11.02 you can use the Search->Find Features With Duplicate Attribute Values menu command to find features that have duplicate values for an attribute or name.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2010
    Found it and was able to correct a half-dozen errors in that layer. Never would have found them the eye/brain way.

Two minor complaints:
    1. When I click on a object, the zoom is so tight I cannot see the tree for context, only the limb.
    2. related to 1, in order to interact with the map, I have to close the duplicate search dialog, unlike the other search dialog which stays open.

Perhaps this search feature could be incorporated into the main search dialog which stays open and allows map interaction?

Thanks for a useful tool. :)
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2010
    The duplicate results dialog should just recenter your map at whatever the current zoom was when you double-click on a result. So just get your map zoomed to where you want it prior to running the command, then you should be able to double-click and pan around easily.

In addition, whenever you select an item in the duplicate results list, it should be highlighted on the main map display, so if you have your map zoomed out you can easily see what you have selected on the map.

We may eventually make the duplicate results dialog allow modifying the map display window, but this does introduce some additional complexities.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Asep Saefulloh
    Asep Saefulloh Global Mapper User
    edited April 2010
    Hi! can u help me explain on how to export from map info tab to ovi map in nokia mobile e72...Thank's
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2010
    Global Mapper does not support exporting to the OVI format used by Nokia mapping software.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2010
    The duplicate results dialog should just recenter your map at whatever the current zoom was when you double-click on a result.
    Sure enough, I must of had a brain fart yesterday.

Thanks