Global Mapper v25.0

Is it possible, using GM?

Unik1982
Unik1982 Global Mapper User
edited December 2009 in Vector Data
I need to separate layered GM file by countries. File is a World Map. How can i make it? Is it possible? Or i need lat/long data of areas for each country? Can i split it by areas of countries in my workspace?
I need to export DXF for each country.

P.S. For additional - if Workspace has a rectifyed rastr, is it possible to export DXF, and TIFF file for each country?
Thanks!

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2009
    If your counties are present as area features, you can simply select the county area feature(s) to export to, then when you do the export go to the Gridding tab and select the option to grid to the selected areas. This will do a separate export cropped to each selected country area.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Unik1982
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, its seems like a good decision, but there are as about 250 countries. How we can automate select / export??? I ve realize it like that, please tell your opinion:
    1. I locate the 1-st country using "search by Attribute, Name and Desc", than i ve clck edit and "Copy" the content of the text fild, for example: "Albania"/
    2. Then a make Ctrl+Home "Centre on Location", than "Name and Save Current view". I made it action for each country. And now i can use "Restore Named Vies" and automatically point to requared country and now simply uses Export Visible Data.
    GM is a perfect!! but there are not enough automatisation... May be i can use a GM script? For automate the Export DXF current view process?
    Thank!
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2009
    I think you missed the automation part. What you need to do is use the Digitizer Tool and select all of the country area features (all 250 at once). Then start your export and on the Gridding tab of the export dialog select the option to grid to the selected area features. This will do a separate export for each selected area, thus generating 250 exported files, each cropped and named based on the selected area for that export.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Unik1982
    edited December 2009
    Oh!! Tanks a lot its really works!!! Sorry for my no understanding fast! That cos my english is very bad! Thanks GM! Glad to work with your software!!!