Global Mapper v25.0

Search by attribute, name and description

rbr
rbr Global Mapper User
edited November 2009 in Technical Support
Hi,
in my workspace I have some shape and some attributes.
One of the attributes is "tree species" and the value can be spruce, pine or birch. If I use the "feature info tool" i can see the value for this attribute, but when I open the search by attribute, name and description page the column is empty. And if I try some search criteria I have a message box saying "No element found...". In the same workspace several column have the same problem.

Can you help?

Best regards,

rbr

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2009
    I would expect that you could use the Search->Search by Attributes menu command to find features matching that attribute. How are you doing the search? Is it possible for you to provide the data?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rbr
    rbr Global Mapper User
    edited November 2009
    From the Search vector data page it is impossible to find the attribute value. I can see the value only using the Feature info tool. In the Search Vector Data page the column is empy. There are a few empy column but they have attribute value visible using the Feature info tool. No problem finding feature that have visible values in the attributes columns. Unfortunately I can't mail the file.

I m using GM v10.02

Regards,

rbr
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2009
    Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing on the Feature Info dialog and what shows up in the Search Vector dialog? You might also try getting the latest v10 build to see if there is a problem that has since been fixed. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the latest changes for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rbr
    rbr Global Mapper User
    edited November 2009
    As you can see the column is empy. But using the Feature info tool the value is visible. I will try the new build. I will let you know if it goes better.

Thanks.
  • rbr
    rbr Global Mapper User
    edited November 2009
    No help from the new build.
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2009
    I'm thinking that the problem is related to the accent characters that are present. Can you provide the data (or just a small subset of the data) just to me at support@globalmapper.com so that I can test and see what is happening?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rbr
    rbr Global Mapper User
    edited November 2009
    I think you are right. All the attributes name having an ä or ö they have columns empty.
    I have also done a small test. I changed an attribute name and in the new name I inserted the ä. As a result, the column of the attribute in the serch vector data page is now empty. It will be possible for you to fix this problem?

Thanks
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2009
    If you can send me a small sample with this issue I can use that to debug and fix the issue. You can email it to support@globalmapper.com.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2009
    I was able to reproduce the problem based on your sample and fix it. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v11 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com