Global Mapper v25.0

MapCatalog on XYZ and LAS files - dont reload all files when only "overview" is shown

STH
STH Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
When adding XYZ or LAS files to a MapCatalogue it reads the entire files etc - it takes alot of time but it is needed to find the extent of the file I guess.

The problem is when loading the MapCatalogue for the second time it also reads all the LAS or XYZ-files - even though they are not shown. Is it possible so the XYZ / LAS- files are only loaded at the correct zoom-level and not when just the "red boxes" are shown?

Sorry for the bad explanation but I hope you understand what I mean.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2009
    It shouldn't be behaving like this. I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce the problems.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2009
    I just gave this a try and it seemed to work fine. The Lidar LAS files that I added to my map catalog didn't actually load and display until I zoomed in far enough for the boxes to no longer draw. Are the files loaded for you regardless of zoom level?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STH
    STH Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2009
    Yes, regardles of zoom level. I will upload some smaller example-files in approximately 2-3 hours when I get back to work. No rush to fix it, but it really matters when loading for instance 4 250mb ASCII xyz- terrain files.
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2009
    Oh, can you also make sure you have the latest build. There was a bug in some early v11.01 builds that caused layers in a map catalog setup a certain way to always load and display, maybe you are seeing that.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STH
    STH Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2009
    The problem is in this case it was zoomed in too much when creating the mapcatalogue so it was inside the "load las-files" - or said in another way - the threshold for viewing the files instead of boundingboxes was not correctly set.
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2009
    Ok, so everything is correct, right?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com