Global Mapper v25.0

GPX format with time field

riversauce
riversauce Global Mapper User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
I have been trying to take points from a trimble geoxt to gpx format with time stamp included for geotagging. For home use I pull the data directly from a garmin in gpx format and the "GPSBabel+" software outputs:

<trk>
<name>ACTIVE LOG</name>
<number>21</number>
<trkseg>
<trkpt lat="45.570739880" lon="-121.854418851">
<ele>1283.497314</ele>
<time>2009-10-19T16:54:09Z</time>
</trkpt>
<trkpt lat="45.570739880" lon="-121.854418851">
<ele>1283.497314</ele>
<time>2009-10-19T16:54:11Z</time>
</trkpt>

At work we use the GEOXT for GIS quality observations. Because of Trimble's proprietary format, I have exported the data from "GPS Pathifinder office" as discrete points placed in a single shape file so that times are available for each point. Once exported there I open it in GM11 and export to gpx. GM format is the same as "GPSBabel+" but does not include the time stamp. Adding this functionality would be helpful.

I am using "GPSPhotoLinker" on the mac to automatically do my geotagging in batch format by time.

Thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2009
    Global Mapper should keep the timestamp from imported GPX files with time-stamped track files, but there is not currently any capability in Global Mapper to assemble point features into a linear feature with timestamps. If you can keep the data as GPX the entire time that would help.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Indy
    Indy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2009
    Mike,

If I import a GPX track and export the entire track the date/time stamps are maintained. If the track gets cropped in any way during export it appears that the date/time stamps are stripped. Would it be possilbe to always keep any date/times stamps that are present?

Thanks,
    David
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2009
    David,

I have updated the cropping in Global Mapper to maintain cropped versions of the time-stamp lists for line features. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com