Global Mapper v25.0

Error in Batch Convert/reproject in v11

STH
STH Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2009 in Bug Report
I have the most updated v11 (including patch zip) and there seems to be an error in batch convert/reproject with this procedure (worked good in v9 and v10).

1. Load several TIFFs with TFW as georeference
2. Load area boundary (shape or dxf)
3. Create area from the area boundary (so it ends up in User Created Features) - select it
4. Batch convert/reproject - Geotiff - Geotiff
5. Add loaded, select outputdir - Check: Crop to selected areas, Maintain Full size when cropped and then click OK
6. Question : You have selected to crop the batch converstion to the selected area featuers. Would you like to maintain the export bounds for each conversion.... I select YES (I have also tried with NO with the same result).
7. The first file which are exported is OK and shows the correct data. All the rest of the files are BLANK (ie filled with backgroundcolor 255-255-255). If I try again, and remove the first file and start with another file then the same happens: First file is OK, the remaining files are all white.

Comments

• tjhb
    tjhb Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2009
    You mention two areas: the one imported, and the one made from it inside GM.

Out of curiosity: aren't the two areas the same? What is the purpose of step 3?
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2009
    I took a look and found the problem and fixed it. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • tjhb
    tjhb Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2009
    Wow. .
  • STH
    STH Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2009
    I wasn`t clear - the imported file was just lines surrounding the area - GM converts these lines to an area.

As for the fix - fast as always, will try it now and let you know if it does not work.