Global Mapper v25.0

Viewing Names

m_world@telus.net
m_world@telus.net Global Mapper User
edited July 2009 in Vector Data
Hi Mike, thanks for all your help, but I have another question,

You probably know that I've been typing names into Area feature spaces, but what I want to do is to simply view the name in Global Mapper after I type a name in.

Like if I type Randy Johnson in a Area box, I can view right on Global Mapper; Randy Johnson.

Thanks again,

-Vincent

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2009
    Vincent,

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean. If you associated a label with any feature (point, line, or area), that label should display on the map in Global Mapper.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • m_world@telus.net
    edited July 2009
    Hi Mike,

I have version 7, 9, and 10 of Global Mapper.

I can view names on v. 9, but not on v.7 or v.10.

I am also parcelling data, by creating NEW Area Feature, on all 3 versions and am typing in the names on all 3. After typing these names I can only view the names on v.9, but not on v.7 or v.10, why is this?

Is there something in the setup in version 9 that is different than in version 7 or 10 that I can change?
  • m_world@telus.net
    edited July 2009
    HI Mike,

On an unrelated item, I'm trying to export these same names in a GPX file extension to load into MapSource, is there an efficient way of doing this?
    The processing time seems to be very long, and I would like to view the names in MapSource, at which time, I am unable to do, do you have any suggestions?
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2009
    You should be able to see the names the same on v10 as on v9, so there must be some setup difference or something. Try going to the Vector Display tab of the Configuration dialog and making sure you have the option checked to display labels. You might even check the option to 'Always Display All Labels'.

If you still have trouble, if you email the data to support@globalmapper.com I can take a look.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2009
    The way to export data to GPX would be to first convert your areas to lines as discussed above, then simply export to a GPX file.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com