Global Mapper v25.0

Exporting 3d image

casio1970
casio1970 Global Mapper User
edited April 2009 in Raster Data
My problem is,

I have elevation data and created the elevation grid by "create elevation grid from 3d vector data"
I superposed the raste image over that and got the 3d view. Save option in 3d view (3d screen capture) does not yield high quality view.

Any way to export the generated 3d view (as picture) with high resolution.

Thanks in advance

Deny

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2009
    Deny,

The best way to improve the 3D view resolution is to maximize both your main Global Mapper view and the 3D view window. If possible you might even want to increase your screen resolution. This will allow the maximum resolution for your screen capture.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • casio1970
    casio1970 Global Mapper User
    edited April 2009
    Dear Mike

Thanks for your contribution. But that did not worked as a expected. In 3d view i am still loosing resolution. The image file i use has a rather good resolution whereas 3d view is not as expected.

Any other solution? Any way to export 3d view without using viewer? Or any possibility to export all to any other software for this purpose?

Thanks
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2009
    You might try exporting your image to a KML raster file using the File->Export Web Formats->Export KML/KMZ menu command, then load that into Google Earth to see if you can get a better 3D display there.

Also note that the resolution of your raster in the Global Mapper 3D view is dependent on the resolution that it is shown at in the main 2D view, so you might want to zoom in on your raster data in the 2D view to improve the resolution displayed in the 3D view.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com