Global Mapper v25.0

Crop to Area -> include pixels ON area

STH
STH Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited February 2008 in Suggestion Box
Is it possible to exclude to have an option to exclude the area that lies ON the Area itself also? The attached image had a black background but I wanted to change it to white, but the pixels just inside the area where not converted to background color

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2007
    Sorry, the point in polygon operation will also count points on the area as being in it. I would suggest perhaps enabling feather blending for your layer to the selected polygon and using a feather pixel size of 2. This should make points on the polygon be completely transparent and the next pixel in by opaque, which should achieve what you want.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STH
    STH Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2007
    It seems to work. Is it possible to add an option for the feather to be SOLID? Ie it is completely transparent, not more and more transparent to the edges.

It would look strange if the borders looks different on the pictures processed with GlobalMapper than if I did not process them with GlobalMapper.
  • global_mapper
    edited December 2007
    That is what the feather pixel size option should do. If you set that to 2 pixels (rather than the default of 100 pixels), you should only get completely transparent and then completely opaque for the border pixels. Did you change the feather pixel size?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STH
    edited December 2007
    Not sure if I explained correctly. Below are screenshots with no feather, 2 feather and 20 feather. As you can see on feather 20 it goes from 100% transparent closest to the area boundaries, while the next pixel is 95& transparent, 90%, 85% etc all the way until pixel 20 is 0% transparent.

I want an option to have all the pixels from 1 to 20 on the last picture to be 100% transparent. I hope it is somewhat clearer now, sorry for the bad explanation. Ie it should correspond to moving the area 20 pixels to the right and marking all pixels outside as transparent.
  • global_mapper
    edited December 2007
    I have added a new checkbox option to the feathering dialog to allow you to specify that you just want to crop to the specified boundary rather than feather to it. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v9.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STH
    edited February 2008
    It`s a long time since I tried this, but now I try it again and it does not seem to work. I select the "Feather along currently selected polygon" set size 10 and check the Crop to selection box. However it does not seem to crop, but feather. Both on the view within GlobalMapper and when batch-exporting to another file. I have downloaded the latest BETA-build.

My usage would be File - Batch export/reproject and then Crop to Selected Areas and Maintain Full Size When Cropped. If I select this option and have the feather+crop selected for all the images it does not work. However when I do not select the Crop to Selected Areas in the Batch Convert dialogue the Feather/Crop option (from the Options menu on each file) seems to work.

It seems that the "Crop to Selected Areas" in Batch Convert overrides the "Options - Feather - Crop to" which is selected for each image.

Is it possible to have GlobalMapper obey both of the rules?
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2008
    I took a look and discovered that somehow the "Crop to Selected" option during feathering was completely lost. I also went ahead and made any feathering options on loaded files be applied to those files when batch converting. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip with the changes for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v9.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com