Global Mapper v25.0

contour generation within large catalogue

LPlateAndy
LPlateAndy Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited January 2009 in Technical Support
Hi,

We've got some scripting to generate contours within a bounding shape.

This runs fine normally, even for a large GMC of 1.7MB. However, one dataset which has even more tile 3.5MB for comparison fails to run showing:

Generating contours from loaded elevation data...
WARNING: Error generating contours - No contours at specified interval in region of interest.
- C:\Development\dlgv32Pro\ScriptEngine.cpp (9334)
Script processing COMPLETED.

Could this be to do with the size of the catalogue?

We're generating 1m contours from a grid of 2m interval and if i extract the data for the area of interest only and run again the script is ok...

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2009
    Actually that message usually means that for the tile that you are generating contours from there was not any elevation data that crossed your specified contour interval boundary. So if your contour interval was 1 meter there would have to be no data that crosses a 1m boundary within the contour generating area (seems unlikely though unless you have very flat data in some area, like perhaps an ocean tile?).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • LPlateAndy
    LPlateAndy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2009
    Hi Mike,

That was my first guess but when i cut the required area out and loaded it as the dataset (same format) i found that running exactly the same script worked....

I'll try recreating the catalogue in case that fixes it....

Thanks

Andy
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2009
    Andy,

If you still have trouble can you send me the script file that you are using so that I can take a look? Also what version of Global Mapper are you using?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • LPlateAndy
    LPlateAndy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2009
    Hi Mike,

I've further found when opening my GMC that the scale bar at the side shows the heights from "0" to "0,000" for the dataset in question.

Seems a suspicious coincidence - could that mean for contour generation there is a first pass check for the differences in height that is picking up on the same information as the scale bar.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2009
    Andy,

Can you send me the .gmc file in question? The GMC file should store valid min/max ranges for the files in it, but if those were somehow incorrect then GM would think that the valid range was empty and thus think that no contours could possibly be generated and just skip the process altogether.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com