Global Mapper v25.0

Newby

kentman
kentman Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2008 in How I use Global Mapper
Hi,

I've just upgraded to v10.01 and registered for the forum so hello to all:)

I'm from the UK and have worked in the GIS area for 20 years now and am experienced on most of the major GIS software packages...but of course, GM is the best;)

I'd like to find and chat with anyone using GM for looking at Thermal imagery - I've got some JPEG's with the thermal data embedded in the images but can't seem to get it out of there - I assume it is embedded in the binary code - does anyone know of a way?

Kent

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2008
    Kent,

Normally thermal imagery would be found in multi-spectral imagery with more than 3 color channels, but JPG files only have 3 color channels. Are you sure that you have JPG and not JPEG2000 files?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kentman
    kentman Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2008
    Hi Mike,

It is a three band jpeg - I'm looking into this for a ex. colleague who has been told by the company supplying the image that they use GM for analysis - I can only think that they mean they change the colour bands through the 'color/contrast' options!

kent
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2008
    Kent,

Perhaps they do just mean manipulating the color bands on the Color/Contrast options tab or the new Color Grade tab. You might want to check with them.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com