Global Mapper v25.0

Elevation Units

geomannie
geomannie Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited July 2008 in Suggestion Box
I often have to work with seismic TWT data which has Z (~depth) units of "seconds" or "milliseconds". I would appreciate the option of being able to assign these as elevation units, raher than arbitrarily use one of the default depth units.

Any chance of getting seconds/milliseconds added as "depth" (Z) units?

Alternatively,how about an option to add your own Z category.

Thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2008
    This is something we hope to add the ability to do in a future release. In the meantime, you can just select meters and then disable the display of elevation units on the elvation legend by right-clicking on the legend and selecting the option to hide elevation units. This should at least give you just the actual "Z" values and not show misleading units behind them.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • geomannie
    geomannie Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Any update on this old request? It seems a trivial thing and yet it causes me issues when I make contour maps from seismic data (secs or msec), gravity (mgal) or magentic data. I also make contour maps of net:gross (fraction), porosity (%) and permeability (mD). Units of height for the Z value are great but I need the ability to have Z values which are in non-height units. Can you implement this please?