Global Mapper v25.0

Using Global Mapper for Animation

danielm
danielm Global Mapper User
edited February 2009 in How I use Global Mapper
Hi,

I'm new and we are attempting to create a geographical animation (change in a given geographic landscape over time) but we don't know if Global Mapper has this capability. Does anyone know if it's possible to automate the creation of perhaps 400 frames of geographical data and then string them together to end up with a smooth animation in the end? If not, can anyone direct us to software that might? Thanks!

Daniel

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2008
    Daniel,

Global Mapper does not have the ability to create animations, although with the scripting language you could perhaps build your 400 separate frame images, then use some other software to put that together into an animation or movie file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    edited June 2008
    Did you have any luck with this danielm? Would love to see if you have a sample of your movie.
  • widjo
    widjo Global Mapper User
    edited February 2009
    What Daniel's question is exactly what I had before, since I work with hydraulic run-up model onto land (for tsunami). what then I did was, I use GM to reproduce 3D pictures and save it one by one as bmp files (SRTM data overlay with IKONOS, again overlay with 'water' resulted by tsunami model)--doing manually was inconvinient of course, and then using others tools (software) making as a video movie...it is nice if GM for future also has animation tool created from 2D/3D images like Time Slider add in of arcGIS....tx
    @widjo