Global Mapper v25.0

Aerial Photo Cropping

mfgnyc
mfgnyc Global Mapper User
edited June 2008 in Technical Support
I have a aerial photo that is allready geo-referenced. How can I crop the photo down to a smaller size so that I can load it into SMT and AutoCad and still maintain the geo-refernce to the original photo? Thanks for any help in advance :)

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2008
    Just use one of the File->Export Raster menu command (like GeoTIFF) to export a new file and use the Export Bounds tab to specify what portion of the loaded data to export.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mfgnyc
    mfgnyc Global Mapper User
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for the help Mike. I also need to do a batch conversion to change the coordinate system from a UTM guy to a state plane coordinate system. The original file was a MrSid file format and I am having trouble converting it to a state plane guy. When I do a batch conversion and I import the finished Geotif it is nowhere close to where it should be. Any ideas Mike. Thanks again for the help :)
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2008
    What version of Global Mapper are you using and which State Plane zone are you trying to export to? When doing the batch conversion, are you select the State Plane projection to export to on the batch convert dialog and also being sure to correct the proper datum (i.e. NAD27 or NAD83)? Note that the same zone in different datums can have completely different parameters and thus result in different positioning.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com