Global Mapper v25.0

Alphabetize drop down lists

Bill Carson
Bill Carson Global Mapper User
edited May 2008 in Suggestion Box
Please consider alphabetizing the selections in the many drop down lists in GlobalMapper. It will make finding them easier and speed up my work.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited May 2008
    Do you have any lists that particularly bother you? I know there are several lists in Global Mapper they could use a re-organization, but if there are some particularly annoying ones I can try and hit those first.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited May 2008
    I'm curious too. In the past I've suggested moving away from alphabetical to a group by type structure, such that all road type are together, etc.

While I'm sure it's an immense amount of coding, the long term solution ought to be the ability to have these drop down list be user customizable.

None of the above will result in better maps, just better maps faster/easier.
  • global_mapper
    edited May 2008
    I have completed alphabetizing the type lists on the * Styles tabs of the Configuration dialog (I'm assuming these are the main ones you guys wanted). I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v9.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • fsdreamscapes
    fsdreamscapes Global Mapper User
    edited May 2008
    Wow a feature I had often thought about in passing but never thought long enough to vocalize, thanks Mike :)
  • Matt
    Matt Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited May 2008
    On a related note, how about option to enable/disable list of available projections/datums/file formats. I only use a few of them and it's sometimes a pain having to scroll through all of them.
  • global_mapper
    edited May 2008
    That is something I'll consider for a future release.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com