Incorrect result from "Apply elevations from terrain layers to selected features"

mcampagnemcampagne Global Mapper UserPosts: 3
Hello,

I have a las point cloud and a raster elevation file.  I would like to add the value of the raster at each point's location to the existing elevation of the las points.  The "apply elevations from terrain layers to selected features" tool appears to do this correctly when I tested it with a user created point, but when I tried using the las files I got very strange results.  Ex. Initial las point elevation value of 319.142, elevation grid value at that point is -18.867, the sum was set to 319123.125.  The units appear to all be interpreted correctly when I inspect the point and raster with the feature info tool.

Thanks,
Marc

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,681
    Hello Marc,

That is definitely strange behavior.  

First, make sure you have the latest version of Global Mapper.  If the problem persists in the latest version, please send a description of your workflow, a copy of your data (if possible), and the results to Blue Marble Geographics Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team will be notified of the problem and can work on a solution.

Cheers,
    Bob