Global Mapper v25.0

Connecting Access table to Global Mapper layer

Desert_Rat
edited March 2016 in GIS Data Sources
Good day,

How does one connect a table from Access to a layer in Global Mapper? Is this even possible?
Many thanks for your help!

DR.

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

What version of Global Mapper are you using?  

Are you trying to load the Access table into Global Mapper as a layer, or join the contents with an existing layer? If you are trying to load the Access table, you can use File | Open Data File(s)... to import the .mdb file.  If you are trying to join the data with an existing layer, you need to have your data in a CSV or DBF file.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Hi Bob,

Thanks for the swift reply!
    I'm using version 15.0 and I'm trying to join the contents with an existing layer. I'm going to try and see if it works.

Many thanks again!

DR.
  • Hi Bob,

I converted the table to CSV, but how exactly do I join the data with an existing layer?
    Thanks!

DR.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

In the Overlay Control Center, select the layer you want to join with, then right-click and choose the JOIN TABLE command from the menu.

JOIN TABLE - Join Attribute Table to Data Set - This allows you to join a table of attribute values, either from a DBF file or from a text file, to the attribute table of a selected layer based on a common value of some attribute. You will be prompted to select the attribute from the attribute table file to join against a user-selected attribute from the selected layers. For text files, the first line must contain the attribute/column names. Whenever a match is found, the other attributes from the data table are added to the matching record(s) in the file.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Desert_Rat
    edited March 2016
    Hi Bob,

It works, thanks a lot!

DR.