Global Mapper v25.0

How can I connect Global Mapper to a geodatabase?

Hi all, I am not sure how to connect a geodatabase (*.GDB) to global mapper. Could anyone tell me how?

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Are you trying to connect to an Esri File Geodatabase, or is this something else?  What version of Global Mapper are you using?

Assuming you are trying to load an Esri File Geodatabase, there are a few restrictions:

1) If you have a licensed version of Esri ArcGIS on your computer, then you can load any file geodatabase that can be read by your version of ArcGIS, but you must use the 32-bit version of Global Mapper.  You can load either vector or raster data in this case.

2) If you do not have Esri ArcGIS installed, you can only load file geodatabases created using Esri ArcGIS 10.0 or later, but you can load them using either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Global Mapper.  You can only import vector data in this case.

In order to load the Esri File Geodatabase, use the File->Open Data File(s)... menu item, browse to the .gdb directory, and choose the file called "gdb".
  • I have ArcGIS10.3 installed with Global Mapper v16.1.0(b020415)
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited February 2016
    Hi,

Since you are using v16, I recommend that you get the latest released version?  Beyond that, the instructions in my previous post still apply.

Cheers,

Bob