Global Mapper v25.0

grid line view

energy
energy Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Hi
the grid lines must be on the map, however I dont want them as inner lines, I'd only like them as outer lines

is it possible?

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    What version of Global Mapper are you using?  Are you using the Map Layout Editor (v17) to set up your map?  If that is the case, you can get the marks on the outside of the map frame by editing the properties of the map view element, and using the Grid Frame tab.  Then, on the main Global Mapper window, turn off the map grid (Configuration window | General tab | Grid Display | No Grid).  If you are using an earlier version of Global Mapper, there is no way to get the grid marks along the frame of your map. 

If you are using Global Mapper 17, but you don't see the Grid Frame tab when you are editing the map view element properties, you will need to download the latest release here.
  • energy
    energy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    I tried that, firstly,  I can change its color but how to adjust thickness and lenght of outside lines?

secondly, after finishing that I'd like to export a image with scaled( geotif etc.)  there is only option as geospatial pdf.  however in spite  I export that as geospatial pdf ,  the pdf dont show true scaled map, I created 1/10000 scaled map , but the map after exporting as geospatial pdf. has wrong scale

I think grid frame elements like outline and unit label must be in the "configuration/general/display"