Global Mapper v25.0

GM unable to process lidar AG

Using computer with i7 processor, 32GB ram 500 GB SSD in windows 7 and lidar functions work fine. Updated to Windows 10 and GM crashes every time I try to filter areas of any size with the LIDAR filtering. Error says out of memory.

Unhandled exception processing command message 35622 with code 0.
Out of space trying to create grid of size 37,478,601,428,548 [1,786,241 x 5,245,457 elements of size 4.
Not enough disk space (383,446 MB) for temporary file of size 35,742,379 MB in folder C:\Users\SPURLOCK\AppData\Local\Temp\GlobalMapper\
Is the drive with your temp folder (either system or override for Global Mapper) full?

Both memory allocation and temporary file allocation failed.
SmartGrid.cpp - 221
Version: v16.0.5 (32-bit)
Build Time: Nov 18 2014 14:30:19

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Global Mapper appears to be trying to create a temporary file that is larger than your SSD.  Are you sure that the exact same test case worked using Windows 7?

I recommend getting the latest release of Global Mapper 16 to see if the problem has already been fixed.  If you have problems there, it would also make sense to test with a trial of Global Mapper 17 (you can set up a two week trial directly from the registration screen.)  We have made many upgrades that allow Global Mapper to handle larger LiDAR data sets in version 17.

If the problem persists in the latest release, then your best bet is to send an e-mail describing your workflow and the results (error message, etc.), with a copy of your sample data, to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). This will ensure that the support team sees the problem and can provide a timely response. Thank you.
  • uninstalled and reinstalled GM 16.2 and lidar functions are working now? Thanks