Global Mapper v25.0

editing/deleting feature description

yianni
yianni Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2015 in Technical Support
Hi all,

any idea how to remove the feature description in all selected areas? I was hoping that it would be the same as the feature name, where you select all, delete whichever appears first in Modify Name and press ok. Then, voi la all names are deleted.

With the feature description tab that blanket approach does not work and it seems that I have to go through them one by one which is a shame as it is really messing up my legend table a lot... I think it only changes the first one it sees and then it stops.

Any ideas, welcome. 

If no ideas then maybe something to include in future GM versions.

BTW I have version 16.2.

Yiannis

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Answer ✓
    I was able to update the description for multiple features in Global Mapper 16.2.3 by selecting them and changing the feature description.  I checked the Use Custom Description box, and typed in a description.  After I clicked OK, all of the selected areas had the updated description.  I cleared the description by deleting the text in the custom description field and unchecking the box next to Use Custom Description.  After I did that, all of the selected features went back to the default description.
  • yianni
    yianni Global Mapper User Trusted User
    ok thanks

If I go to download the latest 16.2 version, I presume that will be 16.2.3?

Yiannis
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Answer ✓
    I think that the latest release of 16.2 is 16.2.7.
  • yianni
    yianni Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi Bob,

I have not managed to delete the description and make it blank yet. I see in your answer you say that if you clear the description tag then it reverts back onto the default description.

However I want that description that to be empty again, displaying nothing.

That's what I have been struggling with. Is there a way to completely empty it?

My problem is that I am using the description in the Map Legend and I want to get rid of some titles.

Thanks

Yiannis