Global Mapper v25.0

minimum and maximum elevation of a cropped dataset

Hi, I am using some elevation data provided by Japanese national geographic service and it's divided in quite large tiles. I draw a new feature (a simple square) and crop this tile to a smaller one covering my area of interest. When I look at min-max elevations though, I still see just the total ones. How to determine the ones relative to only the cropped part?
Thanks for your time and best regards

Answers

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    A workaround is to export your cropped area to a file (Global Mapper Elevation format, for example), then load that file and check the metadata.

You may be able to unload the original data. I would expect your project to load more quickly with the focus on your area of interest.

Mykle
  • I actually already tried that unloading everything else and then loading just the newly created file but then I drew contours on it and thanks to them I noticed that the min and max reported in the metadata where still wrong. Different from the whole file ones but still far above/below the cropped part ones. Any other known solutions?
    Thanks again and best regards.
  • Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    If you can open a new instance of Global Mapper, drag your newly created elevation file into it, and still see original max/min values, then it looks like you will need to talk with geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com and get them your file to analyze.

Of course, will be interested in the results!
    Mykle
  • Michele
    Answer ✓
    Ok, thanks for your help so far, I will try and contact them. I'll let you know if there is a bug or a solution to this.