Global Mapper v25.0

GM v16.1 (b013015) - Programme crashes in 3D view

Mark Gale
Mark Gale Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited February 2015 in Bug Report
Hi, using the Beta 16.1, when I go into 3D view, then change the display properties (and "Accept"), the programme will not allow me to go back into Change Display Properties and when I exit 3D view, the whole programme crashes every time.

Comments

• JeffH@BMG
    JeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Trusted User
    edited February 2015
    Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for the report. I think that we found the problem, and it should be fixed for the upcoming release.

Best regards,

~Jeff
  • Mark Gale
    Mark Gale Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Jeff,

Any idea on a date for the release?

Cheers,
  • JeffH@BMG
    edited February 2015
    Hi Mark,

Should be pretty soon now, but it's not in my hands.

~Jeff
  • Mark Gale
    edited February 2015
    It's been released! :D I just downloaded it and it works fine now thanks.

Next question - with all the developments since v12, is there any thought of updating the downloadable User's Manual?
  • JeffH@BMG
    edited February 2015
    Mark Gale wrote: »
    It's been released! :D I just downloaded it and it works fine now thanks.

Next question - with all the developments since v12, is there any thought of updating the downloadable User's Manual?
    Did you mean the user's manual that's in Windows help file format (.chm), available on the Global Mapper Resources page? You should find the latest in your GM installation directory; the online User's Guide is also available on that page. Currently the online user's guide is current through GM 16 (should be updated to 16.1 soon); the Windows help file in your 16.1 installation is current to 16.1.

~Jeff
  • Mark Gale
    edited February 2015
    OK, thanks. I was googling "Global Mapper User Manual" and getting a PDF version of the version 12 manual.
  • Mark Gale
    edited February 2015
    Hmmm, the Fly-Through function seems to have a bug in it - it is not working anything like it did before and I can find no reference to it in the User manual. :(
  • PShorey
    PShorey Global Mapper Developer Moderator, Trusted User
    edited February 2015
    Mark,

What exactly are you seeing different with the fly-through? I would be happy to look into the issue for you.
  • Mark Gale
    edited February 2015
    Oops. sorry, my fault, it was finger trouble. However, it would be nice to have a description of and basic instructions for the function in the User Manual please. :-)
  • PShorey
    PShorey Global Mapper Developer Moderator, Trusted User
    edited February 2015
    Mark,

No worries. Glad to hear it's working for you. There is a section in the help file titled "3D View" that discusses the fly-through, among other things. The tool bar button images have changed a bit, but it it otherwise up to date.