Global Mapper v25.0

Control Center Grouping

jmpreiks
jmpreiks Global Mapper User
edited March 2008 in Suggestion Box
I would LOVE to see grouping of several layers in the the Control Center. I have many layers in my base workspace and it is kind of annoying to have scroll through a big list to find what I am looking for. If I could just group a bunch together and hide them while I am working I would be a happy camper!

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2008
    You can group files by creating a map catalog for the files using the File->Create New Map Catalog menu command.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • jmpreiks
    jmpreiks Global Mapper User
    edited March 2008
    Thanks Mike, This is a very nice feature and I will start using it. It saves us from the very long start-up times.

Though I would still like to have the collapsible groups like those in ArcView. But that would probably require a lot of work on your end.
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2008
    You can group files by creating a map catalog for the files using the File->Create New Map Catalog menu command.

Mike,

Can I now have multiple Catalogs loaded at one time? I thought that only one catalog was allowed, perhaps this has recently changed.

Thanks
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2008
    You have always been allowed to load multiple catalogs at once. What was not allowed was nesting catalogs within each other.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2008
    You have always been allowed to load multiple catalogs at once.
    That's a useful distinction for me and a bit of an Ahh-Ha!!!

So I could create a Workspace consisting of multiple catalogs for my projects.

Thanks