Global Mapper v25.0

SDAT - SAGA GIS grid format

RobinP
RobinP Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited November 2014 in Technical Support
Hi,

I have GM 14. just to know if you included the SDAT grid file format in further version of GM (or even mine ?) ? For info, it's included in gdal V1.7 and beyond.
[h=2]SDAT -- SAGA GIS Binary Grid File Format[/h](starting with GDAL 1.7.0)
The driver supports both reading and writing (including create, delete, and copy) SAGA GIS binary grids. SAGA binary grid datasets are made of an ASCII header (.SGRD) and a binary data (.SDAT) file with a common basename. The .SDAT file should be selected to access the dataset.
The driver supports reading the following SAGA datatypes (in brackets the corresponding GDAL types): BIT (GDT_Byte), BYTE_UNSIGNED (GDT_Byte), BYTE (GDT_Byte), SHORTINT_UNSIGNED (GDT_UInt16), SHORTINT (GDT_Int16), INTEGER_UNSIGNED (GDT_UInt32), INTEGER (GDT_Int32), FLOAT (GDT_Float32) and DOUBLE (GDT_Float64).
The driver supports writing the following SAGA datatypes: BYTE_UNSIGNED (GDT_Byte), SHORTINT_UNSIGNED (GDT_UInt16), SHORTINT (GDT_Int16), INTEGER_UNSIGNED (GDT_UInt32), INTEGER (GDT_Int32), FLOAT (GDT_Float32) and DOUBLE (GDT_Float64).
Currently the driver does not support zFactors other than 1 and reading SAGA grids which are written TOPTOBOTTOM.
NOTE: Implemented as gdal/frmts/saga/sagadataset.cpp.

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited October 2014
    Hello,

The SAGA GIS Binary Grid File format is not supported as of Global Mapper 16.

Cheers,

Bob
  • RobinP
    RobinP Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks Bob for your answer.
  • RobinP
    RobinP Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Dear Bob,

Juste an update on the subject, as I'm getting started with GM 19.

Still no plan to have SGDR/SDAT files included in the format supported ? I didn't find it here : Supported Formats and Data Types in Global Mapper

Many thanks for any info,
    Robin.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

The SAGA GIS Binary Grid File format is not supported as of Global Mapper 19, and is not in the plan for Global Mapper 20. 

Cheers,

Bob