Global Mapper v25.0

ECW Export

Tai
Tai Global Mapper User
edited July 2014 in Raster Data
Hi

I am new to Global mapper and wondering if I could get some help here.

We have Global mapper installed in a couple of computers here. When we export the data to ecw using different computers, the size of ecw differ among the computers. Can anyone please tell me why this happens?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Tai

Comments

• Tai
    Tai Global Mapper User
    edited July 2014
    Additional information to the above

Considering that export setting is all same.

Thanks
    Tai
  • Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited July 2014
    Hello Tia,

Are all the users exporting the same data and sharing the same export settings (ECW Export Options)? Changing the export settings can impact the size of the file output.

Regards,

Jasmine
  • Tai
    Tai Global Mapper User
    edited July 2014
    Hi Jasmine

Yes, ecw setting is all same and we are exporting same data.
    So I was wondering if there is any other setting that affects the size or could it be individual computer setting...

Thanks
    Tai

Hello Tia,

Are all the users exporting the same data and sharing the same export settings (ECW Export Options)? Changing the export settings can impact the size of the file output.

Regards,

Jasmine
  • Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited July 2014
    Hi Tia,

Not that I can think of off the top of my head - though there are various export settings that would impact the file size. Is the Export for 'All Loaded Data', do some users have additional layers included in their workspaces? Everyone is zoomed to the same extent?

If yes to the above, do you all have the same version of Global Mapper (Help > About)? Hardware should not impact the output size, though it could impact the time spent processing.

Regards,

Jasmine