Global Mapper v25.0

Export separate KML/KMZ files based on attribute

JDeNardo
JDeNardo Global Mapper User
edited November 2014 in Suggestion Box
I have to make about 5 days worth of KMZs from each day's survey point data once a week. Before I create the KMZ, I add the DATE field to my points and populate it accordingly. It would be great if you could export separate KMZ files based on an attribute (in my case the date) while you were in the KML/KMZ Export Options window. Then I could export everything in one fell swoop. This would be great for other people too if they had attributes that they may want to separate out into different files.

Comments

• samknight
    samknight BMG Staff
    edited July 2014
    Hello JDeNardo,
    You can actually split your layers prior to export by attribute. You can right-click on the layer in the Overlay Control Center, and choose "Split Into Separate Layers Based on Description/Attribute Value". That step will split your layers, which can then be exported out independently of each other.

Regards,
    Sam Knight
    Director of Product Management
    Blue Marble Geographics
  • JDeNardo
    JDeNardo Global Mapper User
    edited November 2014
    Albeit, that was super handy, and I now use that a lot for my CAD files, THANKS....that wasn't what I was asking. Lets say I have loaded a weeks worth of survey data from .TXT or .ASC files. Each of these files is named by the date they were in the field. I want to create KMZs of all these files and have them separated by the date. I want to be able to export all of them in one fell swoop, sort of like you can do with the export to Shapefiles. When you export Shapefiles, you can enter a base file name, and then split the export based on the description. It would be helpful to be able to have that option for KMZs too.
  • Is it possible to separate KML files by attribute or layer?