Global Mapper v25.0

Gridding set-up help

owens
owens Global Mapper User
edited March 2014 in Technical Support
Hello,
A colleague I work with is having an issue with the gridding tool format. When he clicks to place a grid on a layer the screen that pops up is.
2014-03-11_8-43-29.png

Mine shows up as, and it is much easier to work with.
2014-03-11_8-46-40.png

Can someone tell me how to correct the settings for the grid tool.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2014
    What versions of Global Mapper are you using? It looks like the first one has several fields truncated, like the field is too small. They are properly sized in the current build though and actually in v15.1 the grid setup dialog is much wider and has a lot of different options. If you are on v15 you can upgrade to v15.1 simply by downloading and install it from Global Mapper Downloads.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • owens
    owens Global Mapper User
    edited March 2014
    Mike,
    We purchased a server license that is running on version 14.0, can we upgrade to version 15.1 without any additional charges? Both computers are running the same version, which is why I was wondering how to set his up the display: (Clockwise), Rows, Colunms, Width, and Height.
  • Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited March 2014
    Hello Owens,

You would need to update the network license on the server to v15 in order to checkout a license for the current version. As Mike mentioned, one of the windows may be truncated - if you are both running the same version, make sure that the pop up window is not minimized in any way.

Regards,

Jasmine
  • owens
    owens Global Mapper User
    edited March 2014
    Jasmine,
    It does seem smaller to me but I tried to make the pop-up window on mine smaller to replicate his issue and I cannot seem to make the pop-up window any smaller. I wish we could upgrade our version but I dont forsee that happening with the current budget.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2014
    You can't resize the grid setup dialog, it will just be a different size in different versions due to the options changing between versions. In v15.1 it is much larger and has several more options.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation