Global Mapper v25.0

how to cite imagery; export selected layer to kmz?

JSL
JSL Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited February 2014 in Technical Support
Hi, I have a couple of questions:

1) How should I cite the "World imagery" layer in a figure for publication?

2) Right now, if I choose "Export to kmz", it exports everything that's open, so if I just want to export a particular layer, I have to make sure to close everything else, which can be a pain, especially if I have a lot of things open. Is there a way to select a particular layer in the digitizer and have GM export just that layer to kmz?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2014
    If you right click on an online layer in the download dialog you can select to see the Terms of Service/Metadata for the source and get information about how to cite it, if applicable. Different sources have different limitations on what you can do with them, we do not control any of that.

What you can do is right-click on the layer you want in the Control Center and select the option to select all features in the Digitizer Tool, then use the Edit menu command to copy to the clipboard. Then open a new instance of Global Mapper, use Ctrl+V to paste the features, then export to a new file.

In a future release we plan on adding an option to select which layers to export right on the export dialog.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation