Global Mapper v25.0

Connection to a local sqlite database

papaver
papaver Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2014 in Technical Support
Hi,

I’d like to connect GM to a sqlite database which is stored on my own hard drive, on my computer. It is a simple file, inaccessible from the web.

I hope it’s possible, but GM asks me to type a Server name and a Port number..... any idea about the parameters to use there, just to access to my hard drive ?

Comments

• CassandraQ
    CassandraQ Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2014
    Global Mapper can connect to data in a SQLite Database using the Spatiallite extension. The Spatialite extension allows a SQLite database to store spatial data. To access the data, simply go to File> Open Data File(s) and set the file type to "Spatialite Spatial database Files" and navigate to the file location on the hard drive.

Thanks,
    Cassandra
  • papaver
    papaver Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, thanks, but I still have a problem: GM refuses to open my sqlite database (“unable to open database file”). This file has been created with MOBAC (Mobile atlas creator), in "Rmaps Sqlite" format. It works perfectly on my phone, using some Android apps (Locus and Oruxmaps).

Is there any difference between “Spatialite” and “Sqlite” format ?
  • CassandraQ
    CassandraQ Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2014
    The Rmap format is supported as an export only, not for import. I will add that format type as an enhancement request with the Global Mapper developers to see if it is a format that can be supported for import.

Spatialite is a Sqlite format specifically designed to support the characteristics of spatial data.

Thanks,
    Cassandra
  • papaver
    papaver Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, I'll wait for the future versions of GM !

Thanks.
  • kbellis
    kbellis Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2014
    So how's that coming?
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    kbellis said:
    So how's that coming?
    Hello,

We have implemented support for importing RMaps Sqlite data sets.  This function is in Global Mapper 18 daily builds dated December 7, 2016, or later. Simply download the appropriate installer and run it to install the latest build.

Cheers,
    Bob