Global Mapper v25.0

Alter Elevation Values "Power"

tim53
tim53 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2013 in Technical Support
Hi all:I'm trying to make corrections in high resolution DEMs for Mars that have, not just vertical displacements, but tilts and maybe warps as well, with respect to one another. Is there any help information on the "Power" option for altering elevation values? Am I right in assuming that this might be where I might be able to apply something like a planar or polynomial function to a DEM?Thanks in advance,-Tim.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2013
    Basically the equation you can get from the offset/scale/power on the Alter Elevations tab is described right on the Alter Elevations page. It does allow for a very simple polynomial of whatever degree your power is.

For anything more complex you can also use the Analysis menu command to Combine/Compare terrain and maybe add, multiply, or divide another surface entirely if that other surface has something to be used as adjustments.

Also coming soon should be updates to the Raster Calculator under the Analysis menu to also apply calculations to terrain layers with whatever custom formula that you need to create a new terrain layer.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • tim53
    tim53 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the speedy response! I'll look at those.

-Tim.