Global Mapper v25.0

Raster Image Color Balance

deermap
deermap Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited August 2013 in Raster Data
I would like to adjust the color balance so it works similar to the default in ArcMap. Below is a screen capture of the two. I have a very large area so exporting the image from ArcMap isn't the most ideal option. I'm putting together 28 tiles in Global Mapper and exporting as a single image.

ArcMap on the left, Global Mapper on the right, both using default settings. How do I adjust the color balance in Global Mapper to look more like the left?

Compare.jpg

I should note that ArcMap doesn't load all tiles perfectly where GM does, some in ArcMap are solid black, and some apparently half black? The rest however, the colors "appear" more "true", you can see more differences at tile edges, where GM by default is more smooth across all tiles (which is also consistent with CAD platforms).

Any suggestions?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2013
    I would suggest loading the tiles, then go to the Color/Contrast Adjustment tab for the tiles from the Control Center. There you can enable contrast adjustment (use the shared option so they are all adjusted the same) and try a standard deviation stretch. You can also do additional color adjustment there and on the Color Grade tab.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • deermap
    deermap Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply, sorry I didn't respond as quickly. That does seem to help a little, but not quite the same thing. That seems to further adjust and the image gets sharper but darker if I go one way, more faded the other way, where it really seems like I need to be turning off some color balancing rather than adding more if that make sense?
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2013
    If it's getting darker you might also want to use the Color Intensity slider on the first tab of the Options dialog for a raster layer. Then you can brighten the image overall as you lessen the amount of a color channel which by itself would make things darker. The controls for different color manipulation are just scattered out a bit and will probably include more color-balancing support in a future version.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation